With extensive external dependencies on third party software products detecting any IP or security risk it was almost impossible. We tailor-made a solution for ESOC to keep track and manage their third party software products and thus be aware of any potential threats those could represent when used within ESOC’s software systems.
In addition we created an automated deployment process for development environments with which a system will be fully working within minutes saving hours or even days of the previously needed configuration time. And since only the required software is installed on the platform unnecessary complexity is avoided.
How we helped
- Development and implementation of a solution to track and manage third party software
- Creation of a automated deployment process for development environments
- Selection of a comprehensive set of tools including both commercial and open source products as for example Maven, Jenkins, Sonatype Nexus Pro and Sonatype CLM
- Definition of policies required to use those tools
- Development of an integration mechanisms needed for these tools to work perfectly synchronised
- ESOC now feels fully in control of their software building process having full visibility and being able to manage third party software dependencies
- Automatic deployment of development environments can get a full system working within minutes instead of hours or days
- Reduced complexity of development platforms since only the required software is installed