Keeping the data of its Health Care HPC cluster safe at all times is imperative for Bayer. We produced a robust backup and recovery scheme for Bayer’s HPC stakeholders to insure that important data is always safeguarded and that in the event of a possible incident the system would recover rapidly and safely in a minimum of time.
Though sturdy the recovery scheme we designed allows retrieving important data quickly thus minimising downtime.
How we helped
- Creation of a backup and recovery scheme document, a companion technical note and a sample user manual
- The documents provided recommendations in a number of areas relating to HPC cluster backup and recovery
- A data classification approach
- Storage housekeeping policies
- Restore prioritisation policies
- Recovering from catastrophic failure
- Recovering accidentally deleted data
- Managing the Tivoli Storage Management (TSM) backup footprint
- Migration of inappropriate applications and data from HPC
- Designed a complete backup and recovery plan for Bayer
- If implemented correctly it will prevent or minimise possible negative business impact in a possible system failure